Forum

NS-RAW with adapter board

Hi there,

Apologies in advance but I am not a developer, and my electrical knowledge is limited. I got a NS-RAW and adapter board in an attempt to make up a small portable binary logger.

I have looked at the schematics of the adapter board, and cannot quite work out what I am doing. I am assuming it does not piggy back onto the NS-RAW as the binary output on TXD1 does not correspond to anything at J1 pin 12. I picked up a breadboard and jumpers, but still cannot really workout what I need to connect between the boards. Should I be using a common 3.7v battery (think I read this before), and then connecting this to pins 1 & 4 on each board? 

What should I be connecting TXD1 to on the adapter board? There is nothing obvious leaping out at me...

Also, the web site states that you can log binary over USB, but when running GNSS viewer I did not see any way to log binary?

Again, sorry for the dumb questions... thanks in advance for the help.

You need to be a member of NavSpark Community to add comments!

Join NavSpark Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• May I suggest the adapter board product description be updated at the web store so as to mention NS-RAW is supported; currently it takes a lot of searching to find out. Thanks.

• Yes, need to move SD card to PC in order to read.

Use GNSS Viewer to update the firmware:
    http://www.navspark.com.tw/blog/ns-raw-firmware-update-with-sd-card...

RTKPoST should have similar settings as using RTKNAVI:
    http://www.navspark.com.tw/blog/tutorial-using-ns-raw-with-rtklib-r...

• Hi Jason,

maybe you can give me some support.

My questions:

right, that there is no way of accessing the logs on the SD-Card via USB, only by transferring the SD-Card to some SD-Card reader respectively to the PC?

How to flash the modified adapter code for logging on SD? Is there something like bootload, or only possible via Ardui no environment, I am not familiar with Arduino, some instructions would be very very helpful.

What where the parameters in RTKPOST to achieve cm-accuracy with logged gnss-data?

best whishes

Giorgos Papastefanou, Germany

• Hi Jason,

Any idea of the charge rate? I have had a 1S 3.7 20C li-po attached and it never seems to charge up fully. If I attach it to something other than the USB3 port of the computer (say the charging port of a JBL Charge Bluetooth speaker), the light flashes once, then goes off. I assume that the blue light will go off when the battery is not taking any more charge, but I had it connected to the computer for hours yesterday and when disconnected, only got ~ 1 hour out of it.

Cheers,

Mark

• I don't have the boards with me at home. From adapter board schematic and SC806 datasheet, seems LED behavior should be ON light up when charging (with or w/o battery), OFF (CHRGB become tri-state) when charged. 

• Hi Jason,

I received the replacement (pre-soldered NS-RAW & adapter board) and managed to find some time to test. It logged raw data as expected (albeit the file size half the size of that logged via GNSS viewer for a period that was actually greater), but I noticed that the blue charging LED was on (even though there is nothing attached to it)

Would it be correct to assume then that the blue LED comes on whenever there is power (and would therefore be a good indication if the board is OK)? The LED in my old adapter board did not light up when piggybacked with the NS-RAW (not soldered but taped and good connections).

• Please report the problem from NavSpark web-store to get a replacement.

• Hi Jason,

Followed you instructions to the letter, and nothing written to the SD card.. maybe I have a duff one?

• Connecting with GNSS Viewer, click NMEA button, then click cold start button, see how long it takes to get position fix. Once it gets position fix, you'll see empty signal bars turn blue.

Next click the Binary button to change to binary mode. Recycle power by unplug/plug USB cable, wait 3X time it took to get position fix as above. Unplug USB cable, take out SD card, check if there is log file on your SD card. The update firmware for NS-RAW will only log to SD card when it's in binary mode.

• Both SanDisks were formatted exFAT, whilst the Transcend was FAT32...

This reply was deleted.