Forum

Replies

• Sounds good to me. You're very welcome.

• Awesome thankx!  Its been fun learning more about the hardware side.

I'll be getting this one that supports both 3.3v and 5v: http://www.amazon.com/PL-2303HX-PL-2303-Serial-Module-PL2303/dp/B00...

• Yes, you do need to get a UART adapter to get Serial.print() data on your PC. You must purchase a UART adapter that is 3.3V since NavSpark is 3.3V type.

TX to RXD2 (GPIO 1)

RX to TXD2 (GPIO 2)

GND to GND

VCC33 (out) to VCC

You don't need to unplug the micro USB cable (upload cable).

• Do I need to get a UART adapter to get Serial.print data on my PC?

Like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Armorview-PL2303HX-RS232-Module-Converter/dp/...

If so do I need to hook up the 5v and gnd pins to anything?  Do I hook it up to the battery and gnd ports on  the NavSpark but UNPLUG the program upload cable?

• Ok so it was Pin 0 not 13 for the LED, ic.  Although the fact I can't get messages through the built in USB port is rather disappointing.

I'm working on a project that transpiles C# into C++ and bought this to benchmark and test the output C++ code on different CPUs.  As someone who is more software focused but interested in learning more about hardware is there any example of how to wire up this second USB port I can get the "Hello World" text showing up on my computer?

I'm guessing its rather simple but my terminology is rather lacking in the hardware area.  What pins do I hook up the USB data wires to?  You said GPIO2 but what USB wire goes there and what about the other USB wire?  What PIN does that go to?

Looking at this image I see there are only two data lines, the other are for power which I don't need: http://i.stack.imgur.com/83oKl.png

Thanks again and sorry for all the questions.

• You're welcome. All programs require GnssConf.init(); in void setup().

If you uploaded the "demo_hello_world.ino", the hello world messages will output from TXD2 (GPIO 2) at 9600.

The GPS Status LED (GPIO 0) will only light on if you program it.

• Its like programs can upload but they just don't run.

Tried the "demo_hello_world.ino" with no luck.  Why wont the on board LED light blink either?  Is my device messed up.

• Awesome tnx! The the upload seems to now work.  Only issue is a simple hello world demo doesn't work.  I'm connecting to port 9600.

Anything i'm missing on this?  I took off the pin connector and hit the reset button after done.

Serial.begin(9600);

Serial.println("Hello World!");

• 1. Connect NavSpark to the Computer via USB.

2. Connect BOOT_SEL with RF_GND with a jumper and press reset.

3. Open GNSS Viewer. Select the correct COM port and baurate (default is 115200). Press connect and check if the boot status is "ROM (OK)".

4. Verify/Compile your program using Arduino IDE.

5. On GNSS Viewer, find your file (for mine, it's C:\Users\K\AppData\Local\Temp\build6976253944927525449.tmp/demo_hello_world.cpp.bin), choose 115200/230400, and press the button to upload the program.

6. After the upload is complete, remove the jumper from BOOT_SEL and RF_GND, then press reset again.

Hope the following steps help.

• If you previously loaded your NavSpark-GL with "Leon3 without GNSS Library", you need to upload the sketch using default ROM. Connect BOOT_SEL with RF_GND and press reset. Connect NavSpark with GNSS Viewer (select the correct COM port and baudrate (default is 115200)), and check if the Boot Status is "ROM". If it is, verify/compile your program using Arduino IDE. Once it's done compiling, you can find the file in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Temp. Finally, you can upload the program by using download tab at the bottom of the GNSS Viewer. After the sketch is uploaded, disconnect BOOT_SEL from RF_GND, then press reset again.

This reply was deleted.